Sisterhood of the World of Bloggers Nomination.
Thank you to When Nothing Goes Write ( http://whennothinggoeswrite.com/) for nominating me for this award…it brings back memories of me and my group of childhood friends who were OBCESSED with Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. We even made our own “sisterhood” with the special article of clothing being a shirt…it didn’t last very long and nothing exactly magical happened but always a good memory.
The Guide lines:
Thank and link the person who nominated you.
Add the award to your post and site.
Answer 10 questions provided to by the person nominating you.
Provide 10 questions of your own to be answered by those you nominate.
Nominate your bloggers for the award. (AND comment on their blogs to inform them.)
Questions for me to answer:
1. What is your favorite book and why? (One question at a time is overrated.)
This is a tuff one because I love so many books. I will give you one of my top ten though. Safe Haven by Nicolas Sparks. For me the best books have romance, realistic characters, gets you emotionally involved, and have suspense. Nicolas Sparks nails all categories in Safe Haven. I liked the movie but the book is MUCH better!
2. Arranged marriages. Yes or no?
3. Explain in your own words what pension means? I’m mostly just confused about this and looking for answers in all the wrong places.
Pension is when the company you have dedicated years of your life to, still pays you AFTER you retire!
4. Do you believe in jinxes? Like jinx you owe me a coke jinxes…I guess superstition in general.
No not really, but I have had some suspiciously accurate fortune cookies.
5. Where do you stand in the whole nature versus nurture debate?
I don’t know too much about this, so hopefully this will make sense: I think there are absolute truths, truths that will never change no matter what society decides about them. We were all given a consciences and the ability to make choices. I think society does affect us hugely but ultimately you make your own choices. A line from the movie A Knight’s Tale , “you can change your stars”, sort of sums this up.
6. Do you believe in fate and why?
I think people and situations are put in our lives for a reason and a purpose, but the choices we make/others make is a factor as well.
7. What is your favorite phrase or saying?
“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.” – Mother Teresa
8. Where exactly do you think Waldo is?
Probably chilling on a beach! Or he is in plain view, blending in with the hipsters!
9. What is the last song you listened to?
“Play It Again” by Luke Bryan. I heart this song!
10. How do you feel about breakfast for dinner? (This is a personal favorite so I will be judging you based on your response.)
I totally support breakfast for dinner! Sometimes you simply NEED waffles and bacon at 6:30pm. And who can resist biscuits and gravy at any time of day?
Questions for my nominees:
1. What inspires you?
2. If you had to be in a reality tv show…which one would you pick?
3. Can guys and girls be BEST FRIENDS with no romantic feelings on either side?
4. If you could meet up with anyone for coffee…ANYONE at all, past-present-who would it be?
5. Talent or hard work…which wins?
6. Is there a song out there that could totally describe you/your life at the moment?
7. Burger king, McDonalds, or I would never eat at these two places?
8. Last book you read?
9. If you could have the powers of any of the super heroes…which would you pick?
10. What is a random keepsake you have…and what’s the story behind it?
I would like to nominate:
1. A Positive Italian http://apostiveitalian.com
2. Rachel Carrera http://rachelcarrera.wordpress.com
3. Motley Prints http://motleyprints.wordpress.com