So…super excited to have been nominated for the Liebster Award!!Thanks again John Guillen!
The 11 random facts about myself:
1. I am a twin…but people might already know that. (btw random twin fact…twins typically don’t like to be referred to as “the twins”….we have names!)
2. I am terrified of heights
3. Unless by unavoidable circumstances…I will NEVER cut my hair shorter than my shoulders. I have done it before and yeah…NOT MY LOOK!
4. I have lived in Alaska before in a town of maybe 500 people(me and my twin sister were the most popular kids in our kindergarten class upon arrival to our school! I don’t think the town we lived in ever had seen twins before!)
5. I am a hiking fanatic but I think people that hike Mount Everest are crazy…admirable…but crazy! Way too cold and too high!
6. I suck at most sports except Badmitten (lol) and Ultimate Frisbee.
7. When I was little I came up with a bunch of different ways to get out of eating vegetables…my favorite was throwing them in the toilet..until I got caught because I forgot to flush!
8. This one is really weird: I am a “super taster”…I have like a million “sweet” taste buds that pick up on the sugar flavor so intensely that anything with a sweet flavor (apples, chocolate, cake, peaches etc.) tastes like too sweet (imagine a cup of juice with half a cup of sugar -that is what anything sweet tastes like to me.) I never eat icecream-candy-fruit (except lemons!)
9. Nerdy Life Moment: joining a mime group in junior high…yeah…what was I thinking?
10. My brother-in-law looks almost exactly like Tim Tebow.
11 Questions I’m answering. (I hope I’m doing this right!)
1. What kind of music do you listen to, if any while writing?
Sometimes I set Pandora onto “Love Songs”..I’m obsessed with romance. But most of the time I just don’t bother listening to music while writing (I get carried away with singing to the music eventually).
2. What is it about writing that keeps you going, when you are not sure you want to continue?
There is something deep inside me that loves it. I don’t think I could ever loose this love.
3. Who is your favorite author?
Autumn Komzik…haha no…I have a few. Classic Author: Jane Austen. Pride and Prejudice is a fabulous book. Nicolas Sparks I think is great at characterization. I don’t love all of his books but The Guardian and Safe Haven and The Last Song are phenomenal. Great writer!
4. What genre do you read but swear you will never write?
Every now and then I will pick up a Biography. History Nerd Alert!
5. What do you do when you tell yourself something along the lines “I will only procrastinate a little bit longer”? Hopefully I understood this question correctly.
If I am procrastinating I am probably hanging with people, cooking, getting carried away with Pandora and singing to the tunes, reading a super good book, pondering life.
6. What brings you right into a writing mood, how do you keep it that way?
Reading a great book, thinking about my novel, looking up amazing places/ interesting historic sites and facts, letting my imagination run wild…usually this keeps me going the most…often happens when I am going on a walk all by my lonesome.Trying new things or going new places or meeting new people.
7. Favorite series and favorite stand alone:
The Hunger Games. I think I read the last two books in one week. The last book in two days. (Another great series: Sebastian St. Cyr.) Well, I don’t think I have a favorite book but the book I have read the most is “The Captive” by Victoria Holt.
8. Have you ever seriously messed up your sleeping schedule because of a book? Was it worth it? What were you reading?
Sometimes I write deep into the night because it is the only time I have alone. Job, life, ect. can fill my day pretty quickly. But reading a book deep into the night: “The Last Song” was my most recent. “Why Mermaid’s Sing” was another.
9. What do you do to remember those ideas you come up with when you are not able to write?
Sticky notes and random pieces of paper! I also have a “writing notebook.” Sometimes I can’t whip the notebook out at work…but sticky notes and scrap paper are always available in the office!
10. Any books or series you thought were great and then the ending ruined them for you? I read this book in high school, I can’t even remember the name, but it was a fictional story about this man who had survived the Holocaust. He and his wife got separated in Germany during that awful time and afterwards he spent his whole life looking for her. In the book he is in his 80s and randomly meets this lady who ends up finding his wife for him. As they are just about to meet again (the wife is literally walking through the door) the man has a massive heart attack and dies without ever seeing her. Left me feeling totally depressed.
11. Why do you write?
It gives me this feeling that I can create things: beautiful things, interesting things, thrilling things. And I can connect and touch hundreds of people that maybe I have never met or will meet through writing. And it is so much FUN!
So I will nominate soon….I just have to figure out how to tag people…I’m sorry =( There are so many good blogs!!!!!! I love reading them all!!! So Nominations will be coming!!!